These House Rules (Rules) must be followed by all residents staying in the property (House) operated by DTwelve Spaces Private Limited (“Stanza Living”). Any breach or violation of these Rules will amount to a breach of the Resident Agreement entered into by the resident with Stanza Living and may trigger Stanza Living’s rights to terminate the agreement. These rules may be updated from time to time by Stanza Living at its sole discretion.
Care of the Building, Common Areas and Rooms:
- Vandalism is a serious offence. Vandalism shall mean and include any and all acts of destruction, damage, and/or defacement of any assertor property owned by Stanza Living. The residents found guilty of committing such an offence can be evicted from the hostel and be required to pay all costs incurred by Stanza Living due to such damage or destruction.
- The residents are responsible for keeping their rooms, bathrooms and common areas in the premises such as reception, staircase, and lounge areas etc. clean and tidy at all times.
- Any items of common use (e.g. microwave, iron, kettle, induction top, magazines, crockery, common TV units, etc) provided by Stanza Living as part of the amenities package, shall be used only in the common areas and not in individual rooms.
- No furniture or furnishings in the common areas of the House may be moved by the residents at any point of time.
- Any damage to the House must be reported by the residents immediately to Stanza Living Representatives. The residents will be liable to pay for the expenses or costs to the property arising from use/misuse of the same by the resident, except for damages caused by normal wear and tear.
- The residents are expected to use the lifts with care and movement of any heavy equipment using the lifts will require prior permission of the Stanza Living management team.
- The residents may paste posters in the rooms assigned to them, but they should ensure that any such pasting does not cause any damage to the rooms or to any other parts of the property.
- All food kept in the room/ common area/ pantry must be stored in suitable containers or wrapped tightly to prevent insects or rodents from accessing it. Stale, unfinished or waste food must be immediately thrown in the dustbins provided in the pantry.
- The residents must keep the keys of their rooms and almirah safe. In case of loss they will have to bear the cost of replacement of keys. The locks for the almirah and the main door are not allowed to be changed, without informing the Stanza Living Representatives.
Intoxication, Betting and Gambling
- Stanza Living is strictly opposed to possession, distribution and consumption of tobacco, alcohol, and/or psychotropic substances inside the House. No resident or any other person shall possess, distribute, and/or consume tobacco (including tobacco products such as cigarettes), alcohol, or any psychotropic substances inside the House. If any instance of such action is brought to the notice of Stanza Living Representatives, Stanza Living may terminate the Resident Agreement and inform the parents/college authorities, accordingly. Betting and Gambling by any means is strictly prohibited in the House.
- If deemed necessary, Stanza Living may require any resident to undertake a breath-analyser test and the resident must co-operate in such cases.
Conduct & Behaviour
- The residents and their guests found to be in a state of inebriation may be expelled from the House.
- Ragging in any form whatsoever is strictly prohibited and is a cognizable offence under the Indian Penal Code, 1860. All instances of ragging brought to the notice of Stanza Living Representatives will be reported to the appropriate legal authorities.
- It is the responsibility of the residents to cooperate with the Stanza Living Representatives, the Resident Captain, the food providers, the housekeeping and security staff to ensure that all services are provided smoothly. The Stanza Living Representative is the authority to decide on all matters. It is expected that residents must listen to Stanza Living Representatives and not get into any kinds of argument. If there is any concern and the residents are not satisfied by the resolution provided by Stanza Living Representatives; the resident may email his/her concerns to email@example.com or submit request through Resident App under complaints and suggestions tab or follow the following escalation matrix:
- Cluster Manager
- City Operations Manager
In case of any emergency or crisis, the residents must follow the guidelines of the Stanza Living Representatives / Security Officer / Nodal Officer strictly.
- Any resident or a group of residents, who wish to organize a party and/or invite guests, must take prior permission of the Stanza Living Representative and it will be the responsibility of the residents to ensure that the premises are cleaned up after the party.
- Stanza Living treats all its employees and service providers including housekeeping, security and food vendors with dignity and respect. It is expected that the residents also uphold this principle in their dealings with all Stanza Living employees, representatives and service providers.
- The residents must always behave in accordance with the Stanza Living Anti-Harassment Policy and shall not harass any persons. Further, all residents must respect the personal beliefs of the other residents, such that no resident hurts any religious sentiments, beliefs, or practices in any way whatsoever.
- Making loud noises, including playing loud music between 9.30 PM to 6.00 AM is strictly prohibited.
- The residents should not behave in any manner which is deemed to be offensive by the neighbours or by the society either in the premises or in the neighbouring areas surrounding the premises.
- The resident shall cooperate with the Stanza Living Representative for getting his/her police verification, FRRO compliance and any other compliance, as required by Stanza Living, done timely.
- Cooking of food in any area except the pantry room is strictly prohibited.
- Personal food items can be stored in common refrigerators. The residents should adequately label their food items. Stanza Living will not be liable for consumption of personal food items by the other residents.
- The residents should ensure that the pantry area is clean after their use. All the dirty dishes should be placed in the sink, and any leftover and/or garbage must be thrown in the appropriate dustbins. The residents will be liable for damage to common utensils.
- If food is ordered from outside by the residents, then all leftovers and packaging materials should be disposed of in appropriate dustbins.
- Unless exceptional permission is given to take meals into their individual rooms, the residents shall consume all food items only in the designated cafeteria area. Taking cutlery and utensils to room (including plates) is not allowed.
- For every meal, the resident is required to punch their attendance in the designated biometric reader or any way as communicated by Stanza Living to mark the food attendance before taking the food.
- Select dishes will be served in limited grammages or quantities.
Water & Electricity Consumption
- Water should be used judiciously. The residents should report any water leakages to the security/Stanza Living Representative as soon as the same is noticed.
- Prepaid electricity meters, wherever applicable, have been installed in each room by Stanza Living. These need to be recharged by an amount that is to be shared by all residents of the room. It is expected that if one roommate is not present for a certain number of days while the other roommate continues to reside in the room, the electricity expense for the room will continue to be shared equally between the roommates, until mutually decided otherwise between the roommates based on their common understanding. The amounts payable will remain payable for the room, irrespective of the number of persons occupying the room. Any disputes between roommates related to billing or splitting electricity bill should be resolved amongst themselves and Stanza Living shall not interfere in such dispute.
Security & Safety
- Houses may be entered and exited by the residents between designated timings, unless they have acquired the permission to enter and/or exit during the Night Hours as specified for the property. (Night Hours may vary from property to property. The residents shall check the Notice Board for these timings)
- Exceptions to the above rule will be made only if the resident has submitted a request to the Stanza Living Security team in advance and obtained approval from the same. All such request applications need to be made only through the Stanza Living Resident App. Any such request will have to be approved by the respective parent / guardian and Stanza Living Security team.
- The residents, who are first year students or less than 18 years of age, may be required to obtain their parent’s/guardian’s approval on their application for a late check-in, night-out or leave through the Stanza Living Resident App.
- The residents who are in the second year of their studies and above the age of 18 or those who have a blanket permission (one time approval from parents), can avail blanket approvals for late check-ins, night-outs and leaves through the Stanza Living Resident App. However, it is mandatory for these residents to notify Stanza Living about their late check-in, night out or leave requests through the Stanza Living Resident App. Failure to notify the same will automatically mean that the resident does not have the necessary approvals/permissions and their parents may be informed about the same. Do note that Stanza Living has the right to share the late check-in, night-out or leave data with the parents and authorities, if required under law.
- The Stanza Living Security team has the right to reject any late entry/night-out requests from time to time at its sole discretion.
- If any resident is not inside the House before the commencement of Night Hours and has not obtained requisite approvals from the Stanza Living Security team in advance, then Stanza Living may notify the parents / guardians and the local police station of the same.
- Stanza Living is not responsible for the loss of any private property. The residents are strongly advised to keep secure and lock all their valuables e.g. mobile phones, laptop, watches, money etc. at all times. While going on leave, they must keep all their belongings securely packed in their bags or cupboards.
Building repairs and maintenance is a continuous and planned affair and Stanza Living reserves the right to open and enter any room while the student is on leave to carry out such maintenance work. The same would be carried out in presence of the Security / Stanza Living representatives.
Stanza Living would not entertain any such claims for the loss / damage of any loose or unsecured belongings of the resident.
- Possession, distribution and use of firearms, lethal weapons (including air guns), contraband drugs, alcohol, toxic and hazardous material are strictly prohibited in the residences. We reserve the right to search bags of the residents as well as their visitors at any time and confiscate any prohibited substances that may be found in their luggage or in their possession.
- In case of any emergency, please contact the Stanza Living security team or the Stanza Living helpline. Important contact numbers will be provided to all residents at the time of move-in.
- Tampering with any security or fire-fighting equipment is strictly prohibited. The resident responsible for such actions will be held responsible for the cost of restoring the damaged equipment.
- In case of any emergencies in the building, all the residents should be patient and cooperate with the Stanza Living Representatives.
- Stanza Living reserves its right to handover its property to the Government Authorities in case there is any notice/order/directions from the District Administration or State Government to acquire its property during an emergency. The rooms occupied by the residents may be vacated and their belongings may be shifted in their absence for any necessary compliance of such Government Order.
- Cleaning of the room may be carried out in the absence of resident as well, so the residents are advised not to leave their valuables open and unsecured in their room. The residents must ensure their valuables are always safely placed in storage and the rooms are always kept locked.
- In case the residents are not available at the time of housekeeping, the room can be cleaned at a later time on request depending on the availability of the housekeeping staff in the residence.
- Littering the room and common spaces is not allowed.
- The residents are expected to co-operate in the periodic (quarterly) pest control / fumigation / preventive maintenance activity.
- Please note, the services of the housekeeping staff can’t be utilized for any personal work. For example: no personal utensils will be washed by the housekeeping staff.
1. Laundry services are meant for regular daily wear only. For hygiene considerations, no underclothing or socks will be accepted for Laundry.
2. The following items should not be given in general laundry service, as they can get damaged:
- Any delicate or expensive branded clothing
- Woollens, jackets, leather items, embroidered clothing
- Items strictly meant for dry cleaning
3. It is important to provide correct information about the number of pieces of clothing being given for the laundry service.
4. Any discrepancy or damages in laundered garments need to be informed within 6 hours of receiving the clothing.
5. As per industry standards, 100% stain-removal is not possible for certain types of stains. For e.g. if there is an Oil / Ink / Food stain on clothing, it will get reduced by up to 60% depending on the type of stain.
- Bandwidth speed will depend on the service provider and the House location. Speed will be limited per user and may be changed as per company policy.
- Devices per user: Houses may have a restriction on the maximum number of devices per user. One user can access internet on limited devices at a time (limit of devices may vary from property to property).
- Stanza Living shall try to give a fair internet experience to everyone for which Stanza Living may continuously monitor internet usage by the residents. A Fair Use Policy i.e.to ensures that every resident uses data in moderation with respect to the fellow residents (given in Gigabytes (GB) of data) will apply on all internet services.
- Browsing access: The residents are not allowed to -
- Access pornography
- Create and maintain fake accounts
- Download and view pirated content
- Faking IP
- Piggybacking: Using someone else’s credentials
Usage of Electrical Appliances
- Usage of appliances like heaters, coils, iron boxes or any other heating / cooking electrical gadget is strictly prohibited inside the room unless the room has prepaid electricity meters.
- Residents found cooking inside a room using electric cookers, coffee makers, roti makers, heaters or any combustible material, will be considered a serious violation leading to a penalty.
- While leaving the room premises, residents to ensure that they switch off all lights, fans, electrical appliances including ACs, heaters, geysers, mosquito-repellant machines etc.
- In case of power being run on DG back-up, usage of electrical items especially ACs, geysers, washing machines, elevators etc. will be restricted. Management can also take the liberty of revoking the electricity access of these temporarily to conserve power backup.
- The right containers /bowls should be placed inside a microwave to avoid a hazardous situation. In case of doubt, please connect with the Stanza Living Representatives for assistance.
- Residents should refrain from overloading the washing machines, ensuring that clothes are unloaded immediately after usage. In case clothes are found lying unclaimed, Stanza Living staff will not be held responsible if misplaced.
- Residents should avoid stocking up the fridge unnecessarily. The housekeeping staff will get rid of any leftovers found in the refrigerator
- The residents shall intimate Stanza Living Representatives immediately if any critical or transferable illness is detected to prevent other residents from getting infected.
- The residents shall not consume any medication except which is prescribed by a registered medical practitioner.
Photography & Filming
- The common areas in Houses are under CCTV Surveillance for safety and security of the residents, the residents are advised to maintain decorum in common areas and not to obstruct / change the view of CCTV by any means.
- Photography and filming shall be allowed but the residents shall maintain the privacy of other residents.
- The residents shall inform the Residence Captain / Stanza Living Representative before dialling Police Emergency Numbers i.e. '100' in case of any emergency.
- The residents shall immediately inform the Stanza Living Representative for any engagements or encounters with Police in order to avoid surprise visits by Police Authorities at the House.
- All visitors must register at the reception area of the House and provide all details and documents as requested by the Stanza Living Security team before entering the residence.
- Siblings and friends of the residents will be allowed to meet with the resident at the reception area at any time other than the Night Hours.
- Visitors only from the same gender may enter the resident’s room with the consent of the resident’s roommate. If the roommate has any objection, the visitor will be allowed only in the common areas. Visitors of the opposite gender will be allowed only till the reception area.
- If siblings or friends of the same gender intends to spend the night with the resident on the premises, then due permission for the same must be sought from the Stanza Living Security team in advance. Overnight stays will be allowed for a maximum of 1 night in a month, for which there will be no extra charges. Post 1 night of stay, overnight stays may be subject to additional charges of Rs. 500 per night for the resident which will be included in their monthly rental bills.
- The Stanza Living Representatives will not entertain visitors of the residents in the event the resident is absent.
- The resident will be wholly responsible and financially liable for all actions of resident’s visitor.
- The local residence management reserves the right to place restrictions on the access of visitors in the event that utility consumption increases dramatically, a visitor’s behaviour is inappropriate, or the people-carrying capacity of the building is compromised in any way.
Rent and Payments
- The resident shall pay all fees and charges timely and, in the manner, prescribed as per their Resident Agreement.
- Any disputes related to rent should be flagged to the customer experience team, as per the process laid out, and such requests will be actioned upon basis the timelines mentioned by Stanza Living. However, any pending disputes in rent should not be a reason for not making timely payments.
- In case of continuous default of payments, Stanza Living reserves the right for immediate termination of Agreement and evicting the defaulter resident.
- The residents may not be allowed to go on leaves or refuse to leave the premises with their belongings in case of pending rental payments until the same gets resolved and all the dues are cleared.
Complaints and Suggestions
- The Stanza Living customer experience team will conduct feedback sessions on a regular basis. All the residents are asked to participate in the sessions actively so as to ensure the best delivery of services. From our perspective, any complaints, suggestions or enquiries are always welcome.
- The residents are required to share feedback/submit queries/raise complaints on the Resident App under the 'Complaints and Suggestions section'.
- The residents should only submit genuine complaints in the ‘Complaints and Suggestions section' in Resident App.
- Defaming (Oral or written communication of a false statement about another that unjustly harms their reputation and usually constitutes a tort or crime) any person including fellow Stanzens and Stanza Living staff or influencing fellow Stanzens for defaming any person or Stanza Living by any means (i.e. directly , indirectly or on social media) is strictly prohibited. This may attract serious consequences including termination of the agreement and legal action.
Penalties and charges
Smoking/Drinking in the property
Rs. 500 per instance
Bringing visitors of opposite gender to the room
Rs. 1,000 per instance
Bringing visitor without registering with Security
Rs. 2,000 per instance
Obstructing or changing view of CCTV cameras
Rs. 2,000 per instance
Taking food and utensils to the room without permission
Rs. 500 per instance
Lost Key replacement
Rs. 500 per instance
Leaving Lights/Water taps open in absence
Rs. 500 per instance
Using non-mandated electrical appliances in the rooms other than rooms having prepaid electrical meters.
Rs. 1,000 per instance
- No animals or pets will be brought inside the House by any person.
- Stanza Living residences are apolitical and areligious. No political or religious gatherings will be permitted at the residence without the consent of the Stanza Living local residence management.
- Stanza Living and the Stanza Living Representatives reserve the right to make spot checks on the Houses and rooms without having to give prior notice to the residents.
- Stanza Living will not be responsible for any packages / parcels received at the House. Stanzens are requested to coordinate & collect their parcels as soon as it reaches the Houses from the delivery boy.
- Electricians, contractors or any other service person may enter rooms as and when necessary in the course of their duty under the supervision of the Stanza Living Representatives. The Stanza Living Representative shall ensure that all such activity is done in a manner which respects the privacy and dignity of the residents.
- The Stanza Living Representatives reserve the right to move residents to other rooms if there is a necessity or emergency.
- The Stanza Living team reserves the right to revise the rules and regulations from time to time and will keep the residents informed of any changes in the form of notices. Ignorance of any such amendments to the rules will not be accepted as an excuse for any breach of rules and regulations.
- Stanza Living provides a set of consumables for the entertainment/ games area including remote batteries, accessories for games/sports like darts, dice, cue sticks, rackets etc. The same shall be maintained by the residents in good condition. Any loss or damage to the said consumables shall be borne by the resident responsible for such loss or damage.